Cheap eat..

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I would normally cook during the weekends unless I went back home to savor my mum's dishes.. so this weekend, I have left over loaves of bread going into pre-stale phase and a half-opened can of sweet baked beans with cheese.. And since wasting food is not my option, and I could save for a lunch meal, I decided to whip something out like a sandwich.. but I don't want eggs as I had boil eggs in the morning..

It's so easy with only two option, you just smeared both sides the bread (I prefer thick loaves Gardenia) with salted-butter and fried the bread in a medium heat frying pan. With a cooking spatula, flatten the bread so it'll burnt in the middle and turned crispy on the sides. Next, pour the sweet baked beans into the frying pan, fried with a dash of pepper in medium heat until it becomes goey thick...and viola, kiap your thin crusty bread with the cheesy beans..and it's yummy =)



0 notes: